Net zero solutions for Vietnam highlighted at BCI Equinox Ho Chi Minh City 2023
28 AUGUST 2023 – On Thursday, 24 August 2023, the boutique exhibition event of BCI Equinox Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) 2023 was held with the theme of Net Zero & Energy Solutions. Around 550 attendees—comprising architectural consultants, interior designers, contractors, and university students specialising in architecture, interior design, and construction—gathered at the venue of Sheraton Saigon Hotel.
“This year, we focused on Net Zero & Energy Solutions to respond to the call for action towards the national goal of net zero emissions by 2050, supporting the commitment of the Vietnamese government,” shared Anh Vo Chi, General Manager of BCI Central Vietnam.
The event consisted of two sessions: an afternoon session for technology forums and a panel discussion, followed by an evening networking session for invitation-only guests.
The panel discussion was moderated by architect Quang Vu Linh, Managing Director of ARDOR Architects and also past FuturArc Prize juror, discussing the importance of escalating net zero in the construction sector. Six experts presented their views and solutions in their respective fields, including Trang Bui, CEO of Cushman & Wakefield Vietnam; Angus Liew, Chairman of Gamuda Land Vietnam; Nguyen Trung Kien, Architect, Co-founder and Director of GK Archi; Do Huu Nhat Quang, Engineer, Co-founder and Business Development Director of GreenViet; Nguyen Truong Hai, CEO of Saint-Gobain Vietnam; and Ranko Lukic, Chief Commercial Officer of Viglacera.
The panellists and other speakers also presented at the technology forums, discussing healthy, efficient and energy-saving materials in construction. The presentations included:
• Net Zero Building presented by Nguyen Trung Kien, Architect, Co-founder and Director of GK Archi
• Lightweight and Sustainable Solutions from Saint-Gobain towards Green Construction presented by Nguyen Truong Hai, CEO of Saint-Gobain Vietnam
• Environmentally Friendly Materials: Solutions for a Sustainable Future by Ranko Lukić, Chief Commercial Officer of Viglacera
• HVAC Solutions for Green Buildings by Pham Truong Xuan, Head of Technical and Design Consultancy Department of Carrier Vietnam
• Indoor Air Quality Energy Efficiency and Optimal Solutions by Sam Michael, Deputy Chairman of Sustainable Applications, MES-IonAir Clean Air Solutions JSC
• Optimizing Product Systems for Energy Efficiency by Dao Huu Nghi, Marketing Director, Nippon Paint Vietnam.