3rd Quarter 2019
Celebrating excellence in architecture and the built environment
October 2, 2019
On 19 July 2019, Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA) presented six design awards and 15 honourable mentions in the SIA Architectural Design Awards 2019 to acknowledge the high level of distinction local architects have achieved in their work in Singapore and overseas. The judging criteria include originality, response to climate, context and user needs, as well as construction details.
Building of the Year
• House Above 44 Kasai Road, ipli Architects
• House Above 44 Kasai Road, ipli Architects (Residential category)
• House with a Sanctum, RT+Q Architects Pte Ltd (Residential category)
• Kampung Admiralty, WOHA Architects Pte Ltd (Commercial category)
• Sparkletots Preschool By PAP Community Foundation, LAUD Architects Pte Ltd (Institutional category)
• Amanyangyun, Kerry Hill Architects (Interior Architecture category)
• Khong Guan Building, META Architecture in collaboration with Lua Architects Associates Pte Ltd (Special category)
The jury panel consists of local and international industry professionals: Theodore Chan (past president, Singapore Institute of Architects); Sonny Chan (Designer of the Year, President*s Design Award and director, CSYA Pte Ltd); He Zhe (principal and founding partner, People’s Architecture Office); Prof Ho Puay Peng (head of Department of Architecture, National University of Singapore); and Prof Bige Tuncer (associate head of Pillar, Architecture and Sustainable Design, Singapore University of Technology and Design). For more information, please visit www.sia.org.sg.